Friday, March 1, 2013

Listen: The End Groove – Feb. 28, 2013: Small Artists!

This episode, I played and talked about some of my favorite music that has been submitted to KOXY via the mail in my two years there as Music/Programming Director. If you're looking for some new, little, mostly independent acts to get into, here's a great place to start. Podcast and playlist, plus links and a few bonus songs/artists that I didn't get to play on the air, but that are fun!




“Spaces” – The NowhereNauts
“Dust” – Sleeper
“All That We Hold" – Chris Riffle
“Come Down Love” – Lauren Kinney
“Coming Down” – Claire Reynolds
“We Call Him Richard (It’s Long For Dick)” – Empirates
“Love You Not” – Brendan Kelley
“Girl Into A Rose” – Matthew Heller
“Jackson Pollock” – Paul Spring
“Just A Little Rain” – Janet Labelle
“Steady Aim” – Fancy Mansion
“New Black” – Shred Kelly


Bonus round!

"Hold On" – Sam Page
Singer-songwriter playing pop rock with a unique sound. Fun stuff. Etc.

"Fiction Amalgamation in Ohio #5" – The Ghosts
I listened to this song solely because of it's name. But it's actually really great. Garagey punk rock is always fun.

"City Hall" – Manhattan Murder Mystery
They sent in this track and we liked it so much we invited them to play a concert! And they did! And it was so good! I'm going to call this "punk noir" and let it speak for itself.



No comments:

Post a Comment