Monday, February 2, 2015

The End

Friends,

After great deliberation, I have decided not to renew Dead Wax for the spring 2015 semester. Because I will be graduating from college in May, and leaving KOXY behind, that unfortunately means that as of now, Dead Wax is over permanently.

This was a difficult decision for me to make – Dead Wax has been a very important part of my life for the past few years, and I've deeply enjoyed doing it. But my academic schedule this semester is simply going to be too full for me to put the requisite time and effort into the program. I don't want to be performing half-baked shows, and you don't want to listen to them.

In good news, I will be renewing my other radio show, The Nice Things Show, a weekly talk show/podcast (produced in collaboration with the Occidental Weekly) in which a peer of mine and I discuss all the various reasons that we can't have nice things in the world. You can listen to podcasts of that show here, and I hope you tune in live each week. In addition, from time to time during the semester I will make an effort to get into the KOXY booth and broadcast some of the music I've been listening to. Keep your eyes on the Dead Wax Facebook page for info on that.

I want to thank everyone who has listened to Dead Wax (and The End Groove) since it began. My goal in starting the show was to force myself to discover and appreciate interesting new music, and in that regard, it's been a smashing success.

The blog will remain accessible, although it likely won't see much new content from now on.

Thanks again for listening! As the modern youth say, it's been real.

Regards,
Allan

No comments:

Post a Comment