Thursday, April 11, 2013

Listen: The End Groove – Apr. 11, 2013

A handful of cool new alternative songs, followed by a handful of cool older alternative songs. Discussion of new releases from Phoenix, The Flaming Lips, James Blake, and Justin Timberlake.

Apologies for the abrupt beginning, I failed to start the recording at the right time, so my first couple of sentences were cut off. Basically I said that I came across the Phoenix song last week and was planning to play it to close last week's show, but then Roger Ebert died and I decided to play a snippet from the Vertigo score in his honor. This performance of "Entertainment" is form this great video.



Playlist:

“Entertainment” (Acoustic) – Phoenix
“Try To Explain” – The Flaming Lips
“Myth” – Beach House
“Overgrown” – James Blake
“Blue Ocean Floor” – Justin Timberlake
“Periphery” – Fiona Apple
“Now I’m All Messed Up” – Tegan and Sara
“Phantom Limb” – The Shins
“Inkless” – The Smashing Pumpkins
“Out Of My League” – Fitz And The Tantrums


No comments:

Post a Comment