Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl Music

Isn't the Super Bowl fun? Yeah, it's pretty fun. But you know what would make it more fun? Better halftime shows.

Now I want to preface everything after this by saying that, on the whole, I enjoyed Madonna's performance this afternoon. I thought she sounded good (lip-syncing or no, the sound was clean) and looked great. She's not my favorite entertainer, but I have no complaints about the show she put on.

I do, however, have complaints about a great many Super Bowl halftime shows. It seems like even when a really awesome musical artist is chosen, they're chosen too late in their career and the production is so overdone that it distracts from the quality of the entertainment. I want artists that will deliver an awesome, accessible, non-offensive (AHEM: M.I.A.) performance. Here's my list of artists I would like to see play at the Super Bowl. They are all big acts who play excellent music, and are not (totally) outdated or irrelevant.

AC/DC
The Black Keys
Green Day
Jay-Z
John Mayer
Journey
Kiss
Lady Gaga
Metallica
Muse
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Rush
Paul Simon (and Art Garfunkel)
Pearl Jam
Weezer
ZZ Top

Super Bowl Halftime Show Committee: Please refer to this list for the next decade.


Oh, one more for the list:

Allan Van Vliet


That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment